Things to do
If you are bored and want to do something to help the community, try something from this list.
- Create help pages, try to name them wisely, so links made into MediaWiki will work..
- Invite your friends, but don't spam.
- Create pages, preferably that are either RC related or wiki related in general. Remember that you can make sub pages by adding /subpagename after the title of the page. For example, a sub page to main page could be Main_Page/somesubpage. We could use our own help section, instead of the outside links. :)
- Edit existing pages. We can always use more content.
- Categorize pages
- Create stubs
- Invite your friends. We're always looking for new people.
- Create an account! That way we know who you are, and you're given credit for your contributions.
- Ask questions! If you don't know what you're doing, ask one of the administrators, especially Phroziac, Lucky 6.9, and Rustlerbum. We're always willing to help out.
Looking for something?
- We're the featured wikicity. :) --Phroziac (talk) 23:27, 3 March 2006 (UTC)
- Wikicities finally got the MediaWiki 1.5 upgrade to work. Yay. :) --Phroziac (talk) 21:15, 17 January 2006 (UTC)
- We have set up a new namespace, Review:, for point-of-view product reviews. --Phroziac (talk) 05:11, 1 Jan 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm. those upgrades failed for now, but we'll get upgraded eventually. We're still on MediaWiki 1.4.1. --Phroziac (talk) 14:19, 12 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Our host, Wikicities, will be down for a while on Saturday, starting at around 4AM UTC (11 PM EST), to upgrade to MediaWiki 1.5. --Phroziac (talk) 22:17, 11 Nov 2005 (UTC)
- Our site was down earlier, because the apache hamsters stopped running... --Phroziac 21:06, 13 Aug 2005 (UTC)
- Added RC Wiki:Protected page guidelines policy, and wrote our first help file, Help:How to contribute! --Phroziac 00:01, 21 Jul 2005 (UTC)
- New policy: Neutral point of view (NPOV) rule added to RC Wiki:Policies. --Phroziac 20:03, 11 Jul 2005 (UTC)